Wednesday, January 4, 2017

THM Meals

Welcome to the new year! I know lots of us make resolutions we don't stick to and each year we say this is the year I'm going to do it! Well since starting Trim Healthy Mama which I've talked a little about I feel like I should try a little harder to tackle some other things I've never been able to stick to. Meal planning and saving money! Sounds easy enough right? Well everyone's budget is different and everyone's debt is different and everyone eats differently. But I thought I'd share with you my meal plan for our first paycheck in the new year to give you an insight to what types of food we eat :-)
I'm going to be listing them with their recipe as a picture since they are all in the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook!
When I make a meal plan it's more of a guideline, as in, I don't have a set meal on a set day, it's a list of meals I make whenever it feels right, or need something quick or I have ingredients that won't last long and need to use them first. So it's a loose plan but I make a list of meals and groceries based off what I already have in the house making sure to not get more than I need which helps me to save money!
I try to always have a soup and double it to make it last longer. And try and do a meatless meal to cut down on prices for meat.
So here it goes
Dinners:
Tomato bisque 93
Fatato soup 117
Fajitas 53
Swedish meatballs 61
Asian stir fry 84
Mini meatloaf 155
Chicken parm 161
Pizza 211
Usually soups last three days, all meals are leftover for Mark for lunch and us if there is any. A main choice for lunches are sandwiches or I'll make up a salad for myself with (on a good day) lettuce, cheese, canned chicken, tomatoes, green pepper, bacon and hard boiled eggs with dressing. I've made my own ranch but have some store bought on plan stuff I'm using up first.
Breakfasts:
Cookie oatmeal 249
Granola crunch 255
Giant pancake 261
Chocolate waffles 265
Egg muffins 237
The kids love cereal so that's a go to for them if I don't make anything. Otherwise oatmeal or pancakes (not on plan) or leftovers from other breakfasts for them, and I have eggs with bacon. Most mornings I have a cup of coffee (if it's an S meal) with my homemade creamer.
Desserts:
Chocolate Zucchini cake 296
Peanut butter brownies 315
Ice cream 363
I don't normally have desserts but because of a few epic fails around Christmas I thought I'd give some baking a try (most treats I've tried were no bake) and who doesn't love dessert anyway?!
Snacks:
Thinnies 455
Gluccie pudding 351
Fat stripping frappa 418
Baked tortillas w/salsa
Wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese

I'm interested to see if anyone has tried THM and if you have had any recipes you've loved?!