Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Staying on plan

I have finished my second dietbet this year with a loss of 18lbs! With the ups and downs of the last year I have lost a total of 38lbs and I know from the pictures I've posted before you can tell ;-)
(Last November and this November)
One of the most rewarding accomplishments I've seen in the last 7 months is that I entered ONEderland during my last weight loss challenge and during this weight loss challenge I entered the "overweight" category. No longer am I considered obese! If you ask me, those are two pretty BIG accomplishments!
Not only have I lost weight but I have gained a whole lot of confidence and a wealth of knowledge concerning foods and the part they play in our lives and bodies. I have been in the Trim Healthy Mama plan. (which you can Google) I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of it because there are so many others that have done that. I will tell you, however, the benefits that I have found that come from the plan in just these last nine weeks.
1. Weight loss
2. Confidence
3. Curbed cravings
4. Health
5. Energy
6. Happiness
I have never felt so proud of myself before. In our 10 years of marriage my husband mentioned that I have never stuck to anything longer then a few weeks. He pointed out that since I've been on plan and cooking meals for my family NONE of us have been sick at all! (and there's a lot of icky stuff going around!)
I reached my goal of fitting into a dress I ordered online in Spring that I wanted to wear for Christmas. 
(First and last day of challenge)
I feel healthier and energized and I know I'm putting the RIGHT combination of foods in my body. I don't feel like I need sweets, or junk food. There are lots of good treats on plan that I do get to indulge in so I'm not missing out at all! I'm exited to make some Christmas goodies to enjoy too ;-)
All in all, I haven't been this happy about myself in...a long time. And though I still have some weight to lose and muscles to tone I'm grateful to be able to live this lifestyle change without getting tired of it. If I've found something that works why would I stop doing it?! I'm hoping soon that I won't ever have to do a dietbet again, although it's super motivating.
The last thing I've gained from this is a love of the gym. If you know me at all, I'm last and I hate exercise, like I dread it unless it's dancing. But if I can put in some dancing music and get in a zone I'm golden! I've only been doing the gym thing for a week but I really enjoy going and I feel energized after. Music is the only thing that helps ;-)
And workout clothes! Cute/comfy workout clothes always make me feel good.
If you have any questions about the Trim Healthy Mama plan I'd love to talk more to you about it. Help you get started and come along side you in a journey that will change your life as it has mine and many others! Thanks for supporting me and encouraging me to keep going. I can't wait to see where I'm at when I reach my final goal.