Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Goals

So Christmas is gone, New years has past and Kyron has gone back to school today. He was excited, and I am ok with it. Although Sarin loved having him home. Mark is also back at work, he worked 3 days in there, but mostly had off since the 14th. So it's been nice, but I'm glad we are back in a routine, and I can start working on things and getting a few things done. I am starting FLYlady again, I keep going back to it, because it helps me start somewhere, when I don't know where to start. So if you need a good plan, check it out at FLYlady.com or get the app FLYhelper! My house is mostly clean from having company over for the new year, but it still needs some...love. My walls feel bare, so I am working at putting some decorative touches into each room to make it feel like a home. After being here for almost three months, I'm excited to begin planning for what we want our house to look like. Our Kitchen was our main focus along with getting Sarin's room painted, and although there is still work that needs to be done in both, I'm moving on! Mark has finished our pallet wall in the bathroom upstairs and it looks great!
Now if only I can get the smell of stain out of the upstairs!!! I have many more projects to include pallets, I'm so glad Mark loves working with wood and building things for me :-)

We have rearranged our living/family rooms and will be having an "exercise room" for all those times I feel like exercising!!! LOL, although it will be good to get a treadmill in there so I can stay active while it's in the negatives out!! Having a summer baby is not something I'm use to, but I can't wait to get out and enjoy some warm weather...it may just be 6 months from now :/

Besides getting some decorating done around the house and exercising, some other goals I have set are managing our money better, since having a new house, we have yet to establish a budget again with new bills and stuff. I also want to have more quiet time, which is more of a need! I do want to make a few things, maternity clothes and stuff for the baby. I always make a quilt for the kids, once I know the gender, we pick a name and I make a quilt for them. So I'll be keeping busy hopefully and thinking about the kids' birthday parties and maybe having a gender reveal party for my birthday!! So many things to look forward to.

I wish you a Happy New Year and hope you make goals for yourself as well as just have fun! You only live once and life is too short.