Thursday, December 29, 2011

Preparation

I have been waiting for this time to come for 6 months now. Since the holidays are over I can finally focus on getting things ready for our baby girl. I have been dreaming of having a baby girl since I was little, all I wanted to do was dress her up in cute clothes and parade her around so everyone could see how cute she was. I had such a hard time not buying out the whole store for my neice, so Lord willing, I won't do that with my own little princess. There so many more options with girls for clothes and other things. I am just starting to figure out what I want to do with everything. We only have a two bedroom house, so you know that Kyron and number 2 have to share a room, which I thought would be such a challenge, but I am finding that it's not too big of a deal. Once we were able to get Kyron's playroom set up in the basement and the rocking chair out of this room, All there was left was Kyron's bed and dresser. So we have a lot more room to play with now. All we have for now is a pack n play, which she won't even need to sleep in for the first few months, anyway, because she'll be up with us in a bassinet. They will be sharing a dresser till we can find another one, or possibly a changing table/dresser type thing. We aren't in too much of a hurry to get the big ticket items and are working with what we have. It's simpler that way, and I already have her designated drawer filled with clothes. I am working on getting more storage in the closet, finally cleaned it out today, and pretty much all of it doesn't need to be in there, it was just a play to throw stuff that I didn't want out in the open. It's a very small space though, but I think we can make it work for what we want. Her stuff will mostly go in there, because Kyron doesn't have a lot of things besides his clothes. Since putting the play room downstairs and getting a dehumidifier for the basement it doesn't smell as musty anymore, hopefully we fixed the problem so we don't get water in the basement anymore. I can't wait to put up pictures of finally projects done. Right now I am working on her name and how I want to display it on the wall, and of course I still have her quilt I have been wanting to show off! So stay tuned to the coming weeks, as we count down to meeting our new addition! 9 1/2 weeks to go!!